Fishermen stand in sea protesting against diesel hike
More than 100 mechanised boat fishermen Sunday stood in the sea here, wearing black headbands and waving black flags, protesting against the recent diesel price hike and demanded that it be rolled back.
Fisherman`s association president Balasubramaniyam said they were unable to manage costs with the earlier price and the hike would spell doom for them.
He said all fishermen`s associations in Tamil Nadu planned to meet at Pattukottai tomorrow to chalk out the next course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy