Fishermen stand in sea protesting against diesel hike
More than 100 mechanised boat fishermen Sunday stood in the sea here, wearing black headbands and waving black flags, protesting against the recent diesel price hike and demanded that it be rolled back.
Fisherman`s association president Balasubramaniyam said they were unable to manage costs with the earlier price and the hike would spell doom for them.
He said all fishermen`s associations in Tamil Nadu planned to meet at Pattukottai tomorrow to chalk out the next course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!