Fishermen stand in sea protesting against diesel hike
More than 100 mechanised boat fishermen Sunday stood in the sea here, wearing black headbands and waving black flags, protesting against the recent diesel price hike and demanded that it be rolled back.
Fisherman`s association president Balasubramaniyam said they were unable to manage costs with the earlier price and the hike would spell doom for them.
He said all fishermen`s associations in Tamil Nadu planned to meet at Pattukottai tomorrow to chalk out the next course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi