Fishermen stand in sea protesting against diesel hike
More than 100 mechanised boat fishermen Sunday stood in the sea here, wearing black headbands and waving black flags, protesting against the recent diesel price hike and demanded that it be rolled back.
Fisherman`s association president Balasubramaniyam said they were unable to manage costs with the earlier price and the hike would spell doom for them.
He said all fishermen`s associations in Tamil Nadu planned to meet at Pattukottai tomorrow to chalk out the next course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack