Former DMK minister`s brother detained in Kochi
Kochi: Former DMK minister KN Nehru`s
brother, against whom a lookout notice was issued by Tamil Nadu Police in a land grab case, was Monday detained by emigration officials at the airport here before he was to fly
Airport sources said K N Ramajayam was handed over to airport police, and would later be taken into custody by Tiruchirappalli Police of Tamil Nadu.
Ramajayam is an accused, along with 10 others including Nehru, in an alleged land grab case where 13,290 sqft of land
in Tiruchirappalli was forcibly obtained for construction of
DMK party office.
Nehru, a loyalist of DMK Treasurer and party chief M
Karunanidhi`s son, M K Stalin, was arrested on August 25 in
connection with the same case in Tamil Nadu.
Nehru was the third minister in the previous DMK regime
to be taken into custody in the continuing crackdown by the
AIADMK government on land grabbing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!