Former DMK minister`s brother detained in Kochi
Kochi: Former DMK minister KN Nehru`s
brother, against whom a lookout notice was issued by Tamil Nadu Police in a land grab case, was Monday detained by emigration officials at the airport here before he was to fly
Airport sources said K N Ramajayam was handed over to airport police, and would later be taken into custody by Tiruchirappalli Police of Tamil Nadu.
Ramajayam is an accused, along with 10 others including Nehru, in an alleged land grab case where 13,290 sqft of land
in Tiruchirappalli was forcibly obtained for construction of
DMK party office.
Nehru, a loyalist of DMK Treasurer and party chief M
Karunanidhi`s son, M K Stalin, was arrested on August 25 in
connection with the same case in Tamil Nadu.
Nehru was the third minister in the previous DMK regime
to be taken into custody in the continuing crackdown by the
AIADMK government on land grabbing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'