Former DMK minister`s brother detained in Kochi
Kochi: Former DMK minister KN Nehru`s
brother, against whom a lookout notice was issued by Tamil Nadu Police in a land grab case, was Monday detained by emigration officials at the airport here before he was to fly
Airport sources said K N Ramajayam was handed over to airport police, and would later be taken into custody by Tiruchirappalli Police of Tamil Nadu.
Ramajayam is an accused, along with 10 others including Nehru, in an alleged land grab case where 13,290 sqft of land
in Tiruchirappalli was forcibly obtained for construction of
DMK party office.
Nehru, a loyalist of DMK Treasurer and party chief M
Karunanidhi`s son, M K Stalin, was arrested on August 25 in
connection with the same case in Tamil Nadu.
Nehru was the third minister in the previous DMK regime
to be taken into custody in the continuing crackdown by the
AIADMK government on land grabbing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India