Former officials sentenced in Tamil Nadu
Salem: Two former officials of Tamil Nadu Housing Board were sentenced for two years by a local court here on charges of passing a bill of a contractor for an unfinished work in 1987.
According to prosecution Vigilance and Anti Corruption Department, who investigated the case, Jayaraman and Ambikavathy, who were Assistant Executive Engineers then, awarded a construction work to contractor Shanmugam for Rs 4.65 lakhs.
The officials passed his bill even without completing the work.
District judge A Senthilkumar sentenced the officials, who were retired now, for two years besides imposing a fine of Rs 6000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!