Fresh fire at Sivakasi, deaths reported
Sivakasi (TN): Three persons were on Friday charred to death and an equal number suffered burns in a fire mishap at an illegal cottage fireworks unit, barely three weeks after a devastating blaze in a cracker unit claimed 39 lives.
The mishap occurred at a cracker manufacturing unit in Vijayakarisalkulam near here, police said.
Today`s incident comes about three weeks after a major fire in a cracker unit at Mudhalipatti near Sivakasi, the country`s fireworks hub, claimed 39 lives.
Police said crackers were being made in a house without permission. The authorities have intensified checking of fireworks units for strict adherence to the government norms and guidelines following the September five fire.
As per rules, even storing chemicals used for manufacturing crackers was not allowed inside any house, official sources said.
The injured had been admitted to hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- Hillary Clinton nominated for president, husband Bill says she will ''never quit''
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September