Guv, Jaya greet workers on eve of May Day
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today led a host of leaders in extending their greetings to the working community on the eve of May Day.
In his message, Rosaiah said "Let us, on this day, resolve to ensure safety and protection of the working community. Let us commit ourselves to enhance workers` welfare and bring good working practices to compete globally."
"May this day, usher in progress and prosperity and promote unity among all, in our mission to take our nation to greater heights," he added.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa said "Labour would make us strong. Labour alone can uplift us. If you work with confidence, you will surely succeed."
DMK chief M Karunanidhi wished that the May Day "bring prosperity to the working class in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire