Guv, Jaya greet workers on eve of May Day
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today led a host of leaders in extending their greetings to the working community on the eve of May Day.
In his message, Rosaiah said "Let us, on this day, resolve to ensure safety and protection of the working community. Let us commit ourselves to enhance workers` welfare and bring good working practices to compete globally."
"May this day, usher in progress and prosperity and promote unity among all, in our mission to take our nation to greater heights," he added.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa said "Labour would make us strong. Labour alone can uplift us. If you work with confidence, you will surely succeed."
DMK chief M Karunanidhi wished that the May Day "bring prosperity to the working class in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations