Guv, Jaya greet workers on eve of May Day
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today led a host of leaders in extending their greetings to the working community on the eve of May Day.
In his message, Rosaiah said "Let us, on this day, resolve to ensure safety and protection of the working community. Let us commit ourselves to enhance workers` welfare and bring good working practices to compete globally."
"May this day, usher in progress and prosperity and promote unity among all, in our mission to take our nation to greater heights," he added.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa said "Labour would make us strong. Labour alone can uplift us. If you work with confidence, you will surely succeed."
DMK chief M Karunanidhi wished that the May Day "bring prosperity to the working class in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!