Guv, Jaya greet workers on eve of May Day
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today led a host of leaders in extending their greetings to the working community on the eve of May Day.
In his message, Rosaiah said "Let us, on this day, resolve to ensure safety and protection of the working community. Let us commit ourselves to enhance workers` welfare and bring good working practices to compete globally."
"May this day, usher in progress and prosperity and promote unity among all, in our mission to take our nation to greater heights," he added.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa said "Labour would make us strong. Labour alone can uplift us. If you work with confidence, you will surely succeed."
DMK chief M Karunanidhi wished that the May Day "bring prosperity to the working class in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'