Guv, Jaya greet workers on eve of May Day
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today led a host of leaders in extending their greetings to the working community on the eve of May Day.
In his message, Rosaiah said "Let us, on this day, resolve to ensure safety and protection of the working community. Let us commit ourselves to enhance workers` welfare and bring good working practices to compete globally."
"May this day, usher in progress and prosperity and promote unity among all, in our mission to take our nation to greater heights," he added.
Extending her greetings, Jayalalithaa said "Labour would make us strong. Labour alone can uplift us. If you work with confidence, you will surely succeed."
DMK chief M Karunanidhi wished that the May Day "bring prosperity to the working class in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack