HC moved for CB-CID probe into girl`s mysterious death
Madurai: A petition has been filed in Madras High Court Bench here seeking a CB-CID probe into the mysterious death of a teenaged nursing trainee with her mother suspecting rape and murder and alleging police pressure to withdraw her complaint.
Admitting the petition by the victim`s mother Palaniammal seeking transfer of the investigation from local police to CB-CID, Justice N Kirubakaran directed the Inspector of jurisdictional police station and DSP of Dindigul to appear before it tomorrow.
The 17-year old girl working at a private hospital in Dindigul died on June 26 last with the hospital authorities informing the family that she suffered a heart attack, the petitioner said.
On rushing to the hospital, she found her daughter had injuries in her face and lips.
She said she suspected that the owner of the hospital would have raped and murdered her daughter as there was "no chance" for her teenaged daughter to suffer heart attack.
The owner of the hospital obtained her signatures in blank papers and also dispersed those who gathered at the hospital demanding a probe into the death, she alleged.
The Inspector merely registered a case of "suspicious death" and had been threatening her to withdraw the complaint she had lodged, the petitioner submitted.
She had already represented to the Home Secretary and DGP to transfer the case to CB-CID but no action had been taken so far. Hence the court should transfer the case to CB-CID for a fair and free inquiry, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof