HC moved for pre-school education in govt schools
Chennai: A petition has been filed in Madras High Court seeking a direction to Tamil Nadu Government to implement pre-school education by introducing LKG and UKG in government schools.
When petition by Parents Union for Students Educational Rights in Virudhachalam came up for hearing before a bench comprising Justice R Sudhakar and Justice K K Sasidharan, Additional Government Pleader Sanjay Gandhi took notice.
Petitioner submitted that most of the nursery or kindergarten schools were being run by private agencies and voluntary organisations which charge very high fees, which limited pre-school education to the children of creamy layer families.
Children from rural and poor families do not enjoy the benefits of this pre-school education, he said seeking a direction to the school education authorities to include it in government-run schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?