HC moved for pre-school education in govt schools
Chennai: A petition has been filed in Madras High Court seeking a direction to Tamil Nadu Government to implement pre-school education by introducing LKG and UKG in government schools.
When petition by Parents Union for Students Educational Rights in Virudhachalam came up for hearing before a bench comprising Justice R Sudhakar and Justice K K Sasidharan, Additional Government Pleader Sanjay Gandhi took notice.
Petitioner submitted that most of the nursery or kindergarten schools were being run by private agencies and voluntary organisations which charge very high fees, which limited pre-school education to the children of creamy layer families.
Children from rural and poor families do not enjoy the benefits of this pre-school education, he said seeking a direction to the school education authorities to include it in government-run schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested