HC moved for pre-school education in govt schools
Chennai: A petition has been filed in Madras High Court seeking a direction to Tamil Nadu Government to implement pre-school education by introducing LKG and UKG in government schools.
When petition by Parents Union for Students Educational Rights in Virudhachalam came up for hearing before a bench comprising Justice R Sudhakar and Justice K K Sasidharan, Additional Government Pleader Sanjay Gandhi took notice.
Petitioner submitted that most of the nursery or kindergarten schools were being run by private agencies and voluntary organisations which charge very high fees, which limited pre-school education to the children of creamy layer families.
Children from rural and poor families do not enjoy the benefits of this pre-school education, he said seeking a direction to the school education authorities to include it in government-run schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read