Japanese aid agency appreciates TN Govt
Chennai: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), which is funding various infrastructure projects in Tamil Nadu, today pledged its continued support for the state in taking up such projects.
JICA President Akihiko Tanaka gave the assurance during a meeting with Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa at the secretariat in Chennai.
He appreciated the rapid implementation of many infrastructure projects by the Chief Minister and promised continued support for such projects in Tamil Nadu, an official release said.
Jayalalithaa thanked JICA for its full support and co-operation in the formulation of Tamil Nadu Investment Promotion Programme (TNIPP).
JICA is also assisting in Tamil Nadu Afforestation Project-II, Hogenakkal Water Supply and Fluorosis Mitigation Project, Tamil Nadu Urban Infrastructure Project, Tamil Nadu Biodiversity Conservation and Greening Project and Chennai Metro Rail Project.
With the agency`s assistance of Rs 3,410 crore, a new Tamil Nadu Transmission System Improvement Project was to be implemented this year, it said.
Jayalalithaa also pointed out that more than 400 Japanese companies have already invested in the state, while many more, including small and medium enterprises, were very keen to invest.
She indicated her happiness that this programme came in for special mention in the bilateral communiqué issued after the recent visit of the Prime Minister of India to Japan and looked forward to the early signing of the loan agreement.
She also expressed hope that JICA will consider partnering with the state government in implementing Chennai Waterways Restoration Project, components of State Highways Development Project, upgrading Urban Infrastructure in extended areas of the city and the Madurai-Tuticorin Industrial Corridor, for which "JICA could consider for financing in the next financial year," the release said.
Masataka Nakahara, Director General, South Asia Department of JICA and Masanori Nakano, Consul General of Japan, were also present during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks