Jayalalithaa asks cadres to strive to win all 40 LS seats in TN, Pondy
Chennai: AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday exhorted her partymen to put in all the hardwork required to realise her dream of winning all 40 Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
In a message to partymen, she exhorted them to work for her party candidates as if she herself was contesting from the respective constituencies.
Hitting out at the UPA government at the Centre, she slammed it for price rise "from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and Gujarat to Assam."
Party workers should spread her government`s good work besides the "injustice" towards her state by the ruling UPA, in which her arch rival DMK was a member for nine years, she said in a statement.
"Election is a tool for us to uphold Indian democracy," she said.
She said public life and political service were like "prayer" which had no place for one`s personal feelings.
"I wish to see all my party siblings to work keeping in mind this aspect," she said.
Jayalalithaa, who has been nurturing a greater political role at the Centre post elections, has fielded candidates in all 39 seats in the state besides the lone Puduchery segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui