Jayalalithaa to head 34-member government
Chennai: AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa will head a 34-member ministry after taking over as the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, an official statement said late Sunday.
Jayalalithaa will be sworn in Monday afternoon at the Madras University Centenary Hall here.
Governor SS Barnala Sunday approved the allocation of portfolios as recommended by the chief minister-designate.
At least 25 members of the cabinet are new faces.
Compared to the outgoing DMK government, the AIADMK government will have four ministers more.
Jayalalithaa will hold the home, police, general administration and prevention of corruption departments, among others.
Former chief minister O Pannerselvam has been allotted the finance portfolio while another senior leader, KA Sengottaiyan, gets agriculture.
Natham R Viswanathan will look after power, prohibition and excise.
Apart from Jayalalithaa, the AIADMK government will have two women ministers – S Gokula Indira (commercial taxes and registration) and Selvi Ramajayam (social welfare).
The following are other ministers and their portfolios
C Shanmugavelu – Industries
SS Krishnamoorthy – Food
C Karuppasamy - Animal husbandry
KP Munisamy - Municipal administration, rural development
R Vaithilingam - Housing and urban development
Sellur K Raju – Cooperation
P Palaniappan - Higher education
KT Pachamal – Forests
Edappadi K Palanisamy - Highways and minor ports
C Ve Shanmugam - School education
SP Velumani - Special programme implementation
TKM Chinnayya - Backward classes
MC Sampath - Rural industries
G Senthamizhan – Information
KV Ramalingam - Public works
SP Shanmuganathan - Hindu religious and charitable endowments
P Thangamani – Revenue
BV Ramanaa - Handlooms and textiles
RB Udhayakumar - Information and technology
N Subramanian - Adi dravidar and tribal welfare
VSenthil Balaji – Transport
N Mariyam Pichai – Environment
KA Jayapal – Fisheries
E Subaya - Law, courts and prisons
Budhichandhiran – Tourism
ST Chellapandian – Labour
VS Vijay – Health
NR Sivapathi - Sports and Youth Welfare
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE