Kanimozhi`s assets register three-fold increase
Chennai: DMK Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi`s assets have registered over three-fold increase in the last six years to Rs 26.67 crore from Rs 8.56 crore.
Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK supremo M Karunanidhi in her affidavit, filed along with her nomination for the Rajya Sabha seat today, has declared that she owns movable and immovables worth Rs 26.67 crore.
Her total declared assets include Rs 16.67 crore moveable property and Rs 10 crore worth immoveable property.
The sitting Rajya Sabha MP, who is seeking a second successive term after DMK renominated her, had declared assets worth Rs 8.56 crore six years ago.
Kanimozhi`s jewellery stock has risen to 700 grams as against 360 grams, virtually doubling the yellow metal asset.
However, she has not added diamond jewellery which remained at 10 karat, as was declared in 2007.
Kanimozhi, who had no liabilities five years ago, has stated that she has a liability of Rs 69.60 lakh now.
She has stated in her affidavit that she faced a criminal case before the special court in Delhi, apparently referring to the 2G spectrum case, filed against her.
Kanimozhi said she owns shares valued at Rs two crore with Kalaignar TV Private Limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites