Kanimozhi`s assets register three-fold increase
Chennai: DMK Rajya Sabha MP Kanimozhi`s assets have registered over three-fold increase in the last six years to Rs 26.67 crore from Rs 8.56 crore.
Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK supremo M Karunanidhi in her affidavit, filed along with her nomination for the Rajya Sabha seat today, has declared that she owns movable and immovables worth Rs 26.67 crore.
Her total declared assets include Rs 16.67 crore moveable property and Rs 10 crore worth immoveable property.
The sitting Rajya Sabha MP, who is seeking a second successive term after DMK renominated her, had declared assets worth Rs 8.56 crore six years ago.
Kanimozhi`s jewellery stock has risen to 700 grams as against 360 grams, virtually doubling the yellow metal asset.
However, she has not added diamond jewellery which remained at 10 karat, as was declared in 2007.
Kanimozhi, who had no liabilities five years ago, has stated that she has a liability of Rs 69.60 lakh now.
She has stated in her affidavit that she faced a criminal case before the special court in Delhi, apparently referring to the 2G spectrum case, filed against her.
Kanimozhi said she owns shares valued at Rs two crore with Kalaignar TV Private Limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical