Karuna to chair meet of DMK office bearers of Puducherry
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi would chair a meeting of party office bearers of Puducherry and Karaikal, which is gearing up for next month`s civic polls.
DMK General Secretary and former Finance Minister K Anbazhagan
The meeting at the party headquarters here would be presided by Karunanidhi, DMK General Secretary and former Finance Minister K Anbhazhagan said in a statement.
According to Puducherry State Election Commission, the first phase of polls would be held on January 4 in Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam for Municipal Council and for five panchayats.
The second phase would be held on January eight and the third phase on January 10, 2013 in Puducherry.
The polls are being held for the post of Municipal Council Chairman, 122 Councilors, 98 panchayat council members, 98 village panchayat presidents and 815 ward members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!