Karuna to chair meet of DMK office bearers of Puducherry
Chennai: DMK Chief M Karunanidhi would chair a meeting of party office bearers of Puducherry and Karaikal, which is gearing up for next month`s civic polls.
DMK General Secretary and former Finance Minister K Anbazhagan
The meeting at the party headquarters here would be presided by Karunanidhi, DMK General Secretary and former Finance Minister K Anbhazhagan said in a statement.
According to Puducherry State Election Commission, the first phase of polls would be held on January 4 in Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam for Municipal Council and for five panchayats.
The second phase would be held on January eight and the third phase on January 10, 2013 in Puducherry.
The polls are being held for the post of Municipal Council Chairman, 122 Councilors, 98 panchayat council members, 98 village panchayat presidents and 815 ward members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened