Karunanidhi congratulates CJI designate Justice P Sathasivam
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi today congratulated Chief Justice of India designate Justice P Sathasivam for being the first judge from Tamil Nadu to be elevated to the top post of judiciary in the country.
"I wholeheartedly wish Justice Sathasivam. Like the way he earned reputation as judge of Madras High Court and later in the Supreme Court, I wish he continues to serve well as the Chief Justice of India bringing pride to Tamil Nadu and the Tamils," he said in a statement.
He also referred to Justice Sathasivam`s judgement in the `Samacheer Kalvi` (Tamil Nadu Uniform System of School Education) case, which was delivered against the Jayalalithaa government in 2011.
President Pranab Mukherjee has given his nod for the appointment of Sathasivam as the next Chief Justice of India.
64-year-old Sathasivam will take over as the 40th Chief Justice of India on July 19. He will have tenure till April 26, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits