Karunanidhi congratulates CJI designate Justice P Sathasivam
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi today congratulated Chief Justice of India designate Justice P Sathasivam for being the first judge from Tamil Nadu to be elevated to the top post of judiciary in the country.
"I wholeheartedly wish Justice Sathasivam. Like the way he earned reputation as judge of Madras High Court and later in the Supreme Court, I wish he continues to serve well as the Chief Justice of India bringing pride to Tamil Nadu and the Tamils," he said in a statement.
He also referred to Justice Sathasivam`s judgement in the `Samacheer Kalvi` (Tamil Nadu Uniform System of School Education) case, which was delivered against the Jayalalithaa government in 2011.
President Pranab Mukherjee has given his nod for the appointment of Sathasivam as the next Chief Justice of India.
64-year-old Sathasivam will take over as the 40th Chief Justice of India on July 19. He will have tenure till April 26, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog