Madurai to close all 376 unmanned level crossings
Madurai: The Madurai Railway Division has decided to close down all 376 unmanned level crossings in the next three years in a phased manner, according to a top Railway official.
Addressing the 139th meeting of the Madurai Divisional Rail Users` Consultative Committee here on Friday, AK Goel, Divisional railway manager highlighted its earnings, safety measures and provision of various amenities for passengers.
He said a multi-functional shopping complex at Madurai junction would soon be opened. Train service in the converted Tirunelveli-Tenkasi gauge section would commence shortly.Gauge conversion in the Dindigul-Palani sector was over and was awaiting inspection by Commissioner for Railway Safety.
The other important gauge conversion works nearing completion were the Palani- Pollachi and Virudunagar- Manamadurai sections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried