Madurai to close all 376 unmanned level crossings
Madurai: The Madurai Railway Division has decided to close down all 376 unmanned level crossings in the next three years in a phased manner, according to a top Railway official.
Addressing the 139th meeting of the Madurai Divisional Rail Users` Consultative Committee here on Friday, AK Goel, Divisional railway manager highlighted its earnings, safety measures and provision of various amenities for passengers.
He said a multi-functional shopping complex at Madurai junction would soon be opened. Train service in the converted Tirunelveli-Tenkasi gauge section would commence shortly.Gauge conversion in the Dindigul-Palani sector was over and was awaiting inspection by Commissioner for Railway Safety.
The other important gauge conversion works nearing completion were the Palani- Pollachi and Virudunagar- Manamadurai sections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love