Madurai to close all 376 unmanned level crossings
Madurai: The Madurai Railway Division has decided to close down all 376 unmanned level crossings in the next three years in a phased manner, according to a top Railway official.
Addressing the 139th meeting of the Madurai Divisional Rail Users` Consultative Committee here on Friday, AK Goel, Divisional railway manager highlighted its earnings, safety measures and provision of various amenities for passengers.
He said a multi-functional shopping complex at Madurai junction would soon be opened. Train service in the converted Tirunelveli-Tenkasi gauge section would commence shortly.Gauge conversion in the Dindigul-Palani sector was over and was awaiting inspection by Commissioner for Railway Safety.
The other important gauge conversion works nearing completion were the Palani- Pollachi and Virudunagar- Manamadurai sections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!