Maoist arrested in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: A Maoist wanted in several murder cases was arrested here in the early hours of Sunday, police said.
A police team from West Bengal, with the assistance of `Q` Branch of Tamil Nadu police, reached here last evening after tracing the location of the cellphone number of Shyamacharan Dodo and arrested him from a house at Peelamedu, they said.
Shyamacharan was wanted in various cases including seven murder cases. Sleuths were searching for him for the last five years.
The Maoist was working in a foundry here for the last four months, police said, adding that he would be taken to West Bengal later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details