Nomination to committee a regular affair: Kanimozhi
Chennai: DMK MP and party chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi on friday sought to suggest that her nomination to a Parliamentary Standing Committee was a regular affair, maintaining that nothing had been been proven against her in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
"Every MP is nominated to a committee," was her cryptic response when reporters asked about her appointment to the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
Kanimozhi said the case was going on and nothing had been proven against her.
Kanimozhi and her DMK colleague, former Telecom Minister A Raja, another accused in the 2G case, and Suresh Kalmadi, named in the Commonwealth Games scam, have been appointed to Parliamentary Committees for Home Affairs, Energy and External Affairs recently.
Their nominations drew flak from BJP, which said it showed that Congress-led UPA was not serious about fighting corruption.
Congress had seen nothing wrong in the appointments, with party spokesman P C Chacko holding that "It is the right of a member of Parliament to be on a Committee, whatever may be charges or allegations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!