Nomination to committee a regular affair: Kanimozhi
Chennai: DMK MP and party chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi on friday sought to suggest that her nomination to a Parliamentary Standing Committee was a regular affair, maintaining that nothing had been been proven against her in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
"Every MP is nominated to a committee," was her cryptic response when reporters asked about her appointment to the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
Kanimozhi said the case was going on and nothing had been proven against her.
Kanimozhi and her DMK colleague, former Telecom Minister A Raja, another accused in the 2G case, and Suresh Kalmadi, named in the Commonwealth Games scam, have been appointed to Parliamentary Committees for Home Affairs, Energy and External Affairs recently.
Their nominations drew flak from BJP, which said it showed that Congress-led UPA was not serious about fighting corruption.
Congress had seen nothing wrong in the appointments, with party spokesman P C Chacko holding that "It is the right of a member of Parliament to be on a Committee, whatever may be charges or allegations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened