Nomination to committee a regular affair: Kanimozhi
Chennai: DMK MP and party chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi on friday sought to suggest that her nomination to a Parliamentary Standing Committee was a regular affair, maintaining that nothing had been been proven against her in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
"Every MP is nominated to a committee," was her cryptic response when reporters asked about her appointment to the Standing Committee on Home Affairs.
Kanimozhi said the case was going on and nothing had been proven against her.
Kanimozhi and her DMK colleague, former Telecom Minister A Raja, another accused in the 2G case, and Suresh Kalmadi, named in the Commonwealth Games scam, have been appointed to Parliamentary Committees for Home Affairs, Energy and External Affairs recently.
Their nominations drew flak from BJP, which said it showed that Congress-led UPA was not serious about fighting corruption.
Congress had seen nothing wrong in the appointments, with party spokesman P C Chacko holding that "It is the right of a member of Parliament to be on a Committee, whatever may be charges or allegations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench