Now, DMK pulls out of team to Sri Lanka
Chennai: Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) president M Karunanidhi on Sunday said that his party would not be a part of the all-party parliamentary delegation to Sri Lanka.
The delegation, to be led by senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj, is scheduled to leave for six-day tour to Sri Lanka on April 16 to assess the rehabilitation of the internally-displaced Tamils.
According to reports, Karunanidhi held a view that the delegation would not be able to meet its aim.
Earlier, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa withdrew representative of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) from the delegation, saying the proposed visit is a "farce".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre