Now, DMK pulls out of team to Sri Lanka
Chennai: Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (DMK) president M Karunanidhi on Sunday said that his party would not be a part of the all-party parliamentary delegation to Sri Lanka.
The delegation, to be led by senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj, is scheduled to leave for six-day tour to Sri Lanka on April 16 to assess the rehabilitation of the internally-displaced Tamils.
According to reports, Karunanidhi held a view that the delegation would not be able to meet its aim.
Earlier, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa withdrew representative of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) from the delegation, saying the proposed visit is a "farce".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''