PMK not to contest June 12 bypoll to Pudukottai
Salem: PMK will not contest the June 12 bye-election to the Pudukottai assembly constituency, party founder S Ramadoss said here Thursday.
Apparently indicating that the ruling AIADMK is going to win the bypoll, Ramadoss said "Everybody knows who is going to win. PMK will not contest."
Bypoll to the constituency has been necessitated following the death of CPI legislator S P Muthukumaran in a road mishap on April one.
The AIADMK has fielded V R Karthik Thondaiman, Pudukottai Municipality Chairman and District MGR Youth Wing Leader, as its nominee for the bypoll.
In the 2011 Tamil Nadu elections, Muthukumaran of CPI in the AIADMK-led alliance defeated DMK candidate Periyannan Arasu but AIADMK and CPI parted ways for the civic polls.
According to the poll schedule, filing of notification will begin on May 18 and the last date for filing papers is May 25.
Scrutiny will be done on the following day and the last date for withdrawal of nominations will be May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users