Pvt college lab assistant throws acid on staff, girls in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: A lab assistant in a local private college on Friday allegedly threw acid on two staff injuring them and two girl students, and later tried to commit suicide by consuming cyanide, police said.
Police said Muthusamy (47) threw acid on Ravisankar and Laxmansamy this afternoon over some personal dispute. Some acid also fell on two girl students.
Both the victims were admitted to different private hospitals while the two girls were treated as outpatients, police said.
M Aruchamy, Director and Administrator of the Kongunadu Arts and Science College, filed a complaint against Muthusamy, based on which a case has been registered, they said.
Depressed over the incident, Muthusamy consumed cyanide, police said, adding, he has been admitted to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH