Raids on TNAU VC`s office, residence
Coimbatore: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption department on Wednesday conducted raids on the residence and office of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Vice-Chancellor Murugesa Bhoopathi here, DVAC sources said.
The raids were based on complaints of irregularities in the purchase of four sugarcane harvesters worth about Rs six crore and some other equipment, sources said.
Five teams, including one led by DSP Shanmugapriya of Coimbatore DVAC, carried out raids at eight places on the TNAU premises, including Bhoopathi`s office and residence, the Registrar`s office, a research centre and also two professors` quarters, the sources said.
Raids were also being conducted at the house and office of a person in the city, who had supplied some machinery, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi