Raids on TNAU VC`s office, residence
Coimbatore: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption department on Wednesday conducted raids on the residence and office of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Vice-Chancellor Murugesa Bhoopathi here, DVAC sources said.
The raids were based on complaints of irregularities in the purchase of four sugarcane harvesters worth about Rs six crore and some other equipment, sources said.
Five teams, including one led by DSP Shanmugapriya of Coimbatore DVAC, carried out raids at eight places on the TNAU premises, including Bhoopathi`s office and residence, the Registrar`s office, a research centre and also two professors` quarters, the sources said.
Raids were also being conducted at the house and office of a person in the city, who had supplied some machinery, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside