Raids on TNAU VC`s office, residence
Coimbatore: The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption department on Wednesday conducted raids on the residence and office of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Vice-Chancellor Murugesa Bhoopathi here, DVAC sources said.
The raids were based on complaints of irregularities in the purchase of four sugarcane harvesters worth about Rs six crore and some other equipment, sources said.
Five teams, including one led by DSP Shanmugapriya of Coimbatore DVAC, carried out raids at eight places on the TNAU premises, including Bhoopathi`s office and residence, the Registrar`s office, a research centre and also two professors` quarters, the sources said.
Raids were also being conducted at the house and office of a person in the city, who had supplied some machinery, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!