Rly function misused for political propaganda by Cong: AIADMK
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Wednesday charged Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy with `misusing` a railway function for that party`s political propaganda.
AIADMK`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan said the function yesterday in which union Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge flagged off the Puducherry-Tirupati weekly express gained the colour of a congress meet as party workers not involved in any official capacity were seated at the dais.
Narayanasamy `misused` the function on the basis of his position as Central Minister, he alleged.
He said a detailed petition would be presented to President Pranab Mukherjee in this regard.
Anbalagan also wanted Lt Governor Virendra Kataria to play a pro-active role in developing Puducherry. As chairman of the Planning Board, he should hold a meeting to review working of various schemes and also the government`s fund position, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy