Rly function misused for political propaganda by Cong: AIADMK
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK on Wednesday charged Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy with `misusing` a railway function for that party`s political propaganda.
AIADMK`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan said the function yesterday in which union Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge flagged off the Puducherry-Tirupati weekly express gained the colour of a congress meet as party workers not involved in any official capacity were seated at the dais.
Narayanasamy `misused` the function on the basis of his position as Central Minister, he alleged.
He said a detailed petition would be presented to President Pranab Mukherjee in this regard.
Anbalagan also wanted Lt Governor Virendra Kataria to play a pro-active role in developing Puducherry. As chairman of the Planning Board, he should hold a meeting to review working of various schemes and also the government`s fund position, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video