SC rejects plea for probe against Chandrababu Naidu
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea that sought a CBI probe against Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu for allegedly benefiting a number of large companies during his tenure as the Andhra Pradesh chief minister.
The apex court bench of Justice TS Thakur and Justice FM Ibrahim Kalifulla declined to interfere with the state high court order which has earlier rejected YS Vijaya`s plea for the CBI probe.
Vijaya is the widow of the late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, who was killed in a helicopter crash in September 2009, and is the honorary president of the YSR Congress Party.
She has alleged that Naidu misused his position to grant favours to the private companies during his tenure.
The apex court, while declining Vijaya`s plea, said that the high court had given a reasoned order and it warranted no interference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what