SC rejects plea for probe against Chandrababu Naidu
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea that sought a CBI probe against Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu for allegedly benefiting a number of large companies during his tenure as the Andhra Pradesh chief minister.
The apex court bench of Justice TS Thakur and Justice FM Ibrahim Kalifulla declined to interfere with the state high court order which has earlier rejected YS Vijaya`s plea for the CBI probe.
Vijaya is the widow of the late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, who was killed in a helicopter crash in September 2009, and is the honorary president of the YSR Congress Party.
She has alleged that Naidu misused his position to grant favours to the private companies during his tenure.
The apex court, while declining Vijaya`s plea, said that the high court had given a reasoned order and it warranted no interference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch