SC rejects plea for probe against Chandrababu Naidu
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea that sought a CBI probe against Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu for allegedly benefiting a number of large companies during his tenure as the Andhra Pradesh chief minister.
The apex court bench of Justice TS Thakur and Justice FM Ibrahim Kalifulla declined to interfere with the state high court order which has earlier rejected YS Vijaya`s plea for the CBI probe.
Vijaya is the widow of the late Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, who was killed in a helicopter crash in September 2009, and is the honorary president of the YSR Congress Party.
She has alleged that Naidu misused his position to grant favours to the private companies during his tenure.
The apex court, while declining Vijaya`s plea, said that the high court had given a reasoned order and it warranted no interference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'