Seven elephants enter town in Erode
Erode: A herd of seven elephants gave some
tense moments to authorities Monday as it entered Bhavantsagar town twice before they were driven into the forests by officials and locals who burst crackers and beat drums.
Around 8 a.M the seven elephants entered the town from the nearby forest area and started roaming in search of water.
They consumed water in the nearby canal. Officials started bursting fireworks and also arranged for beating drums to scare the elephants, all adults, which ran into the forest but returned within ten minutes.
They were again driven back by officials and local people.
Forest personnel and members of the public are maintaining vigil at the entrance of the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog