Seven elephants enter town in Erode
Erode: A herd of seven elephants gave some
tense moments to authorities Monday as it entered Bhavantsagar town twice before they were driven into the forests by officials and locals who burst crackers and beat drums.
Around 8 a.M the seven elephants entered the town from the nearby forest area and started roaming in search of water.
They consumed water in the nearby canal. Officials started bursting fireworks and also arranged for beating drums to scare the elephants, all adults, which ran into the forest but returned within ten minutes.
They were again driven back by officials and local people.
Forest personnel and members of the public are maintaining vigil at the entrance of the forest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?