Spurious furnace oil manufacturing racket busted
Kancheepuram (TN): A spurious furnace oil
manufacturing racket has been unearthed near here and one
person arrested in this connection, police said on Saturday.
Investigations revealed that oil tankers supplying furnance
oil to industries in the area used to make a detour to the
area and unload it into an underground tank, police said.
There were three such tanks and the modus operandi involved
collecting waste oil supplied by tankers from industries
in one: the second one had home made refined oil, and this got
further enriched in the last tank, wherein, the tanker lorries
would pour a quantity of good furnace oil and replenish their
own tanks with the "refined" oil. They then would proceed to
the points of supply with the load, police said.
The mix of good furnace oil with the "refined" oil, would
be later siphoned off to workshops and other factories as
second grade furnace oil, police said.
Kancheepuram Superintendent of Police S Manoharan said
one Albert of Tirunelveli was the mastermind behind the
Two 200 litre capacity lorries containing waste oil were
impounded two days ago and 5000 litres of furnace oil and
other utilities for recycling of waste oil seized at the site.
A lorry driver from Chennai, who was arrested, is being
interrogated by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read