Spurious furnace oil manufacturing racket busted
Kancheepuram (TN): A spurious furnace oil
manufacturing racket has been unearthed near here and one
person arrested in this connection, police said on Saturday.
Investigations revealed that oil tankers supplying furnance
oil to industries in the area used to make a detour to the
area and unload it into an underground tank, police said.
There were three such tanks and the modus operandi involved
collecting waste oil supplied by tankers from industries
in one: the second one had home made refined oil, and this got
further enriched in the last tank, wherein, the tanker lorries
would pour a quantity of good furnace oil and replenish their
own tanks with the "refined" oil. They then would proceed to
the points of supply with the load, police said.
The mix of good furnace oil with the "refined" oil, would
be later siphoned off to workshops and other factories as
second grade furnace oil, police said.
Kancheepuram Superintendent of Police S Manoharan said
one Albert of Tirunelveli was the mastermind behind the
Two 200 litre capacity lorries containing waste oil were
impounded two days ago and 5000 litres of furnace oil and
other utilities for recycling of waste oil seized at the site.
A lorry driver from Chennai, who was arrested, is being
interrogated by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack