Stones pelted at Sri Lankan office; none injured
Chennai: In an apparent fallout of the alleged cold blooded killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE Chief V Prabhakaran, some persons pelted stones at the office of Sri Lankan Airlines here, causing minor damage to property.
Police said nobody was injured in the incident which comes close on the heels of a little-known pro-Tamil group attacking the Bank of Ceylon branch here recently, injuring two persons.
Staff at the airline office confirmed the incident and said nobody was injured.
Some glass panes were damaged, police said, adding three to four persons were suspected to be behind the attack.
On Tuesday, images of 12 year-old Balachandran seen eating snack and another taken a few hours later showing his body lying on the ground, his chest pierced by bullets were featured in the Channel 4 documentary had drawn widespread criticism in the state.
Sri Lankan Army had dismissed the allegation as "lies, half truths, rumours and numerous forms of speculation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men