Stones pelted at Sri Lankan office; none injured
Chennai: In an apparent fallout of the alleged cold blooded killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE Chief V Prabhakaran, some persons pelted stones at the office of Sri Lankan Airlines here, causing minor damage to property.
Police said nobody was injured in the incident which comes close on the heels of a little-known pro-Tamil group attacking the Bank of Ceylon branch here recently, injuring two persons.
Staff at the airline office confirmed the incident and said nobody was injured.
Some glass panes were damaged, police said, adding three to four persons were suspected to be behind the attack.
On Tuesday, images of 12 year-old Balachandran seen eating snack and another taken a few hours later showing his body lying on the ground, his chest pierced by bullets were featured in the Channel 4 documentary had drawn widespread criticism in the state.
Sri Lankan Army had dismissed the allegation as "lies, half truths, rumours and numerous forms of speculation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police