Swamy for resignation of M K Alagiri
Chennai: Janata Party president Subramanian
Swamy on Tuesday demanded the resignation of Union Chemicals and
Fertilizers Minister M K Alagiri over reports that he wrote to
India`s Ambassador to Uzbekistan to facilitate the visit of
two businessmen on a visit there, saying it was against
"Alagiri should resign immediately or he should be removed
from the Union cabinet. A Minister writing directly to envoy
is against protocol. It is a big folly committed by Alagiri.
The letter should have been sent through the external affairs
ministry," he told reporters here.
On CBI seeking closure of the Bofors case against Italian
Ottavio Quattarochi, Swamy said that under the Indian law,
there is no timebar for reviving corruption cases, and added
that if he was part of the next government at the Centre, he
will revive the cases against Quattarochi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement