Swamy for resignation of M K Alagiri
Chennai: Janata Party president Subramanian
Swamy on Tuesday demanded the resignation of Union Chemicals and
Fertilizers Minister M K Alagiri over reports that he wrote to
India`s Ambassador to Uzbekistan to facilitate the visit of
two businessmen on a visit there, saying it was against
"Alagiri should resign immediately or he should be removed
from the Union cabinet. A Minister writing directly to envoy
is against protocol. It is a big folly committed by Alagiri.
The letter should have been sent through the external affairs
ministry," he told reporters here.
On CBI seeking closure of the Bofors case against Italian
Ottavio Quattarochi, Swamy said that under the Indian law,
there is no timebar for reviving corruption cases, and added
that if he was part of the next government at the Centre, he
will revive the cases against Quattarochi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred