Swamy for resignation of M K Alagiri
Chennai: Janata Party president Subramanian
Swamy on Tuesday demanded the resignation of Union Chemicals and
Fertilizers Minister M K Alagiri over reports that he wrote to
India`s Ambassador to Uzbekistan to facilitate the visit of
two businessmen on a visit there, saying it was against
"Alagiri should resign immediately or he should be removed
from the Union cabinet. A Minister writing directly to envoy
is against protocol. It is a big folly committed by Alagiri.
The letter should have been sent through the external affairs
ministry," he told reporters here.
On CBI seeking closure of the Bofors case against Italian
Ottavio Quattarochi, Swamy said that under the Indian law,
there is no timebar for reviving corruption cases, and added
that if he was part of the next government at the Centre, he
will revive the cases against Quattarochi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj