Talks to resolve `cartelisation` issue inconclusiv
Rameswaram: Talks between officials and fishermen, on an indefinite strike protesting fish traders forming a "cartel" and quoting very low price for their catch remained inconclusive, with no solution found.
This was stated by Emirit, Rameswaram fishermen`s association president here on Monday.
C Muthuraman, Revenue Divisional Officer, said purchasing companies have attributed the drop in prawn prices to arrival of large quantity of prawn from inland fish farms.
Fishermen told officials that they should break the `cartel formed by four fish trading companies so that other traders could come to Tamil Nadu, enabling fishermen get better price.
They said the present price quoted by the cartel,was very low, leading to losses for them.
Officials said District Collector Nandakumar would meet the fishermen and company officials tomorrow.
The fishermen had launched the indefinite strike yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday