Tamil daily photographer assaulted
Coimbatore: A photographer with a leading Tamil daily was allegedly assaulted on Saturday by a policeman in Tirupur near here, after which he has admitted to hospital, police said.
Police said Raja, working for `Dinakaran`, was arguing with a two-wheeler driver for ramming into his bike when the policeman came and reportedly hit Raja on his shoulder, asking him to move on.
In the melee, the photographer sustained bleeding injuries on his foot and also thumb.
Raja was admitted to the Government Hospital, outside which 30 media persons squatted on the road and blocked traffic for some time, demanding immediate arrest of the cop.
Senior police officials persuaded the journalists to withdraw their protest and assured them that action will be taken against the policeman after registering an FIR, police said.
Meanwhile, Raja was shifted to a private hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city