TN CM launches irrigation infrastructure related projects
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today launched irrigation infrastructure-related projects in various parts of the state at an estimated Rs 49.99 crore.
Jayalalithaa launched various initiatives at Tiruvarur, Tiruchirappalli, Virudhunagar, Coimbatore and Erode districts among others, a state government release here said.
She launched the projects through video-conferencing from the state Secretariat here. Similarly, she inaugurated employment exchange offices in eight districts, all constucted at an overall cost of Rs 12 crore.
Further, she gave away appointment orders to three persons selected by various corporates during a recent job fair at her native constituency, Srirangam in which 128 firms including MRF and Ford India Ltd had participated.
A total of 5054 persons were selected by various private companies and the Chief Minister gave away the appointment orders to three of them today, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends