TN CM launches irrigation infrastructure related projects
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today launched irrigation infrastructure-related projects in various parts of the state at an estimated Rs 49.99 crore.
Jayalalithaa launched various initiatives at Tiruvarur, Tiruchirappalli, Virudhunagar, Coimbatore and Erode districts among others, a state government release here said.
She launched the projects through video-conferencing from the state Secretariat here. Similarly, she inaugurated employment exchange offices in eight districts, all constucted at an overall cost of Rs 12 crore.
Further, she gave away appointment orders to three persons selected by various corporates during a recent job fair at her native constituency, Srirangam in which 128 firms including MRF and Ford India Ltd had participated.
A total of 5054 persons were selected by various private companies and the Chief Minister gave away the appointment orders to three of them today, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?