TN govt to provide free bicycles to ITI students
Chennai: The AIADMK government in Tamil Nadu on Friday proposed providing free bicycles to over 21,000 students studying in state-run Industrial Training Institutes.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa allocated Rs 6.36 crore for providing bicycles "free of cost," considering the fact that a large number of students in ITIs hailed from economically poor background, an official release here said.
This was in line with an existing scheme of providing bicycles to school students who cover considerable distance to reach their institutions, the release said, adding, the proposed move will benefit 21,925 ITI students.
The Jayalalithaa government is already providing a slew of sops to school and college going students including supplying free laptops, touted to be a key programme of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside