TN: Mother seeks daughter’s mercy killing
Erode (TN): In a heart-rending plea to authorities, a middle-aged woman has sought euthanasia for her 14-year-old cerebral palsy-affected daughter.
The unusual petition was submitted by the woman on Monday during the grievances redress meeting at the Erode District Collectorate.
In her petition, she stated that she came to Erode seven years ago with her husband, a carpenter by profession. Besides her differently abled daughter, she was having another daughter.
The woman said her daughter, who was born mentally-challenged, cannot walk or speak nor recognise anyone, and she was attending to her every need for the last 14 years.
Several attempts were made to get her admitted to special schools and homes but in vain and they were at their wits` end, the woman said and appealed for ending the girl`s life.
District Collector VK Shanmugam, however, assured the woman that steps would be taken to admit the girl to a home for differently abled persons.
Medical authorities said the girl was suffering from a type of cerebral palsy, a congenital disorder that occurs due to various reasons and that it was very difficult to cure such patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'