TN: Woman doctor from Haryana robbed
Rameswaram: A woman doctor from Haryana was robbed of her jewellery and cash totalling Rs four lakh by a four member gang posing as Ayyappa pilgrims at the crowded sea coast here, police said.
The doctor in her complaint, said the gang diverted her attention by dropping a few currency notes and snatched her handbag and escaped while she was picking up the cash.
She alleged that police present in the area did not chase them and instead asked her details of what the gang was wearing.
Police said they were facing shortage of personnel in the area which was vast during festival times like Pongal. More than one lakh people had gathered at the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal