TN: Woman doctor from Haryana robbed
Rameswaram: A woman doctor from Haryana was robbed of her jewellery and cash totalling Rs four lakh by a four member gang posing as Ayyappa pilgrims at the crowded sea coast here, police said.
The doctor in her complaint, said the gang diverted her attention by dropping a few currency notes and snatched her handbag and escaped while she was picking up the cash.
She alleged that police present in the area did not chase them and instead asked her details of what the gang was wearing.
Police said they were facing shortage of personnel in the area which was vast during festival times like Pongal. More than one lakh people had gathered at the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island