TN: Woman doctor from Haryana robbed
Rameswaram: A woman doctor from Haryana was robbed of her jewellery and cash totalling Rs four lakh by a four member gang posing as Ayyappa pilgrims at the crowded sea coast here, police said.
The doctor in her complaint, said the gang diverted her attention by dropping a few currency notes and snatched her handbag and escaped while she was picking up the cash.
She alleged that police present in the area did not chase them and instead asked her details of what the gang was wearing.
Police said they were facing shortage of personnel in the area which was vast during festival times like Pongal. More than one lakh people had gathered at the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees