TN: Woman doctor from Haryana robbed
Rameswaram: A woman doctor from Haryana was robbed of her jewellery and cash totalling Rs four lakh by a four member gang posing as Ayyappa pilgrims at the crowded sea coast here, police said.
The doctor in her complaint, said the gang diverted her attention by dropping a few currency notes and snatched her handbag and escaped while she was picking up the cash.
She alleged that police present in the area did not chase them and instead asked her details of what the gang was wearing.
Police said they were facing shortage of personnel in the area which was vast during festival times like Pongal. More than one lakh people had gathered at the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in