TN: Woman doctor from Haryana robbed
Rameswaram: A woman doctor from Haryana was robbed of her jewellery and cash totalling Rs four lakh by a four member gang posing as Ayyappa pilgrims at the crowded sea coast here, police said.
The doctor in her complaint, said the gang diverted her attention by dropping a few currency notes and snatched her handbag and escaped while she was picking up the cash.
She alleged that police present in the area did not chase them and instead asked her details of what the gang was wearing.
Police said they were facing shortage of personnel in the area which was vast during festival times like Pongal. More than one lakh people had gathered at the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?