Train services resume on Chennai-Arakkonam line
Chennai: Train services on Chennai-Arakkonam
sector, which was halted after the train accident at Sitheri
about 90 km from here last night, killing nine persons,
resumed this evening.
The services were restored this evening, official sources
Many trains were cancelled and some diverted via Villupuram
and other areas due to the mishap.
Nine persons were killed and 100 others injured when a
speeding passenger train rammed into a stationary train here,
about 90 km from Chennai, derailing five coaches last night.
The Chennai Beach-Vellore Cantonment Mainline Electrical
Multiple Unit (MEMU) train crashed into the Arakkonam-Katpadi
passenger from behind as it was waiting for signal here around
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon