Two teenagers drown in 80-foot deep well
Coimbatore: Two teenaged college students today met with watery grave in a 80-foot deep well in the city.
A group of eight students from Government Arts College have got down to take a bath in the well, with 50-foot water level, in Valankulam area, police said.
As the 18-year old Muthukumar started drowning, another identically aged Meenakshisundaram attempted to rescue him.
But in the struggle for life, Muthukumar caught his friend tightly, resulting in both drowning in the well, they said.
Fire Service and Rescue personnel retrieved the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- China bans Lady Gaga after Dalai Lama meeting?
- India seen to grow faster than emerging market peers
- Soccer fans mock as England dumped out of Europe twice in a week
- Rajasthan shocker: When "mera baap chor hai" was tattooed on a woman's forehead for not bringing dowry
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside