Two teenagers drown in 80-foot deep well
Coimbatore: Two teenaged college students today met with watery grave in a 80-foot deep well in the city.
A group of eight students from Government Arts College have got down to take a bath in the well, with 50-foot water level, in Valankulam area, police said.
As the 18-year old Muthukumar started drowning, another identically aged Meenakshisundaram attempted to rescue him.
But in the struggle for life, Muthukumar caught his friend tightly, resulting in both drowning in the well, they said.
Fire Service and Rescue personnel retrieved the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah