Union Min Thomas at Karunya University convocation
Coimbatore: Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, K V Thomas, would deliver the convocation address at the Karunya University here on August 4.
Chancellor Paul Dhinakaran would preside.
A special feature of this year`s convocation was presentation of 375 gold coins to the toppers among the 1,999 students, including 1,214 UG Students, a varsity release said.
Dr.Ruben Berrocal, Minister for Science and Technology, Republic of Panama, will be conferred Hon.Degree of D.Sc, while Fazal Karim, Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education, Port of Spain, Trinidad, West Indies, will be conferred Hon Doctor of Letters, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader