Union Min Thomas at Karunya University convocation
Coimbatore: Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, K V Thomas, would deliver the convocation address at the Karunya University here on August 4.
Chancellor Paul Dhinakaran would preside.
A special feature of this year`s convocation was presentation of 375 gold coins to the toppers among the 1,999 students, including 1,214 UG Students, a varsity release said.
Dr.Ruben Berrocal, Minister for Science and Technology, Republic of Panama, will be conferred Hon.Degree of D.Sc, while Fazal Karim, Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education, Port of Spain, Trinidad, West Indies, will be conferred Hon Doctor of Letters, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state