Union Min Thomas at Karunya University convocation
Coimbatore: Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, K V Thomas, would deliver the convocation address at the Karunya University here on August 4.
Chancellor Paul Dhinakaran would preside.
A special feature of this year`s convocation was presentation of 375 gold coins to the toppers among the 1,999 students, including 1,214 UG Students, a varsity release said.
Dr.Ruben Berrocal, Minister for Science and Technology, Republic of Panama, will be conferred Hon.Degree of D.Sc, while Fazal Karim, Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education, Port of Spain, Trinidad, West Indies, will be conferred Hon Doctor of Letters, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?