Vision 2023 will turn out to be a success: Jaya
Chennai: Calling `Vision 2023` her dream
project, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today said the
scheme would turn out to be a successful one for people of the
state and not a mere document of imagination as termed
by some parties.
In a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Jayalalithaa said,
"Tamil Nadu Vision 2023 is a scheme designed to bring about
socio-economic changes and improve necessary infrastructure
needed for rapid economic development of the state."
Her statement came after some party leaders questioned
where from an investment of Rs 15 lakh crore was possible,
going by the outlay of the scheme.
Holding that Vision 2023 had three phases, she said the
overall vision document was announced by her on March 22 and a
compilation of project profile would be released by May end.
"Schemes would be selected and implemented based on the
compilation of project profile. The third part is a road map
which consists of targets and goals to be achieved in a
stipulated time," she said.
Tamil Nadu Infrastructure Development Board to be formed
and headed by the Chief Minister would extensively examine,
prioritise, estimate costs and approve these schemes, she said.
"These schemes would be implemented as government schemes
or in partnership with private parties through annuity method
or through service charges. Certain schemes would be
implemented as private schemes with their investments."
Referring to page 38 of the first volume of the project
document, she said total estimated investment during 2011-12
was Rs 25,393 crore and Rs 41,670 crore during 2012-13.
"Investments will gradually increase and in 2022, total
investment would be Rs 2,37,690 crore.In 11 years, a total of
Rs 15 lakh crore would have been generated," she said.
Setting 13 per cent as target for growth in the
automobile sector in the state, the Chief Minister said the
vision document elaborated on the ways of realising the
target. "Though it is difficult, it is still possible," she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof