Wife sets herself ablaze after hubby refuses to have food in TN
Salem: Upset over her husband declining to have food prepared by her, a newly married wife took her life by setting herself ablaze at her home near here, police said on Tuesday.
Salem District Valapadi DSP P Mathavan said the 20-year-old woman had prepared dinner for her husband and brother last night, but after tasting it, he refused it.
Immediately, she poured kerosene and set herself ablaze, the DSP said. The two men doused the fire by pouring water and rushed her to hospital but she succumbed to her injuries last night, he added. The Salem RDO is investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information