Wife sets herself ablaze after hubby refuses to have food in TN
Salem: Upset over her husband declining to have food prepared by her, a newly married wife took her life by setting herself ablaze at her home near here, police said on Tuesday.
Salem District Valapadi DSP P Mathavan said the 20-year-old woman had prepared dinner for her husband and brother last night, but after tasting it, he refused it.
Immediately, she poured kerosene and set herself ablaze, the DSP said. The two men doused the fire by pouring water and rushed her to hospital but she succumbed to her injuries last night, he added. The Salem RDO is investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles