Wife sets herself ablaze after hubby refuses to have food in TN
Salem: Upset over her husband declining to have food prepared by her, a newly married wife took her life by setting herself ablaze at her home near here, police said on Tuesday.
Salem District Valapadi DSP P Mathavan said the 20-year-old woman had prepared dinner for her husband and brother last night, but after tasting it, he refused it.
Immediately, she poured kerosene and set herself ablaze, the DSP said. The two men doused the fire by pouring water and rushed her to hospital but she succumbed to her injuries last night, he added. The Salem RDO is investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs