Wife sets herself ablaze after hubby refuses to have food in TN
Salem: Upset over her husband declining to have food prepared by her, a newly married wife took her life by setting herself ablaze at her home near here, police said on Tuesday.
Salem District Valapadi DSP P Mathavan said the 20-year-old woman had prepared dinner for her husband and brother last night, but after tasting it, he refused it.
Immediately, she poured kerosene and set herself ablaze, the DSP said. The two men doused the fire by pouring water and rushed her to hospital but she succumbed to her injuries last night, he added. The Salem RDO is investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren