Will not contest elections: Alagiri
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: A day after DMK president M Karunanidhi suspended his son MK Alagiri from the party, the suspended leader on Saturday reportedly said that he will not be contesting elections.
Alagiri further said that despite corruption being prevalent in the party, no probe on the charges have been initiated so far.
The 62-year-old leader further said that he will give evidence proving his charges in Madurai soon.
Alagiri was suspended for indiscipline on Friday for his opposition to party`s alliance with Vijaykanth`s DMDK.
Reacting to his suspension, he told an English news channel that there is no democracy in DMK.
A political family feud between Karunanidhi`s sons Alagiri and MK Stalin has been going on for sometime. With the suspension of Alagiri, the DMK chief has clearly favoured his younger son MK Stalin to take over the reins of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read