Class 12 exam results for Puducherry, Karaikal out
Puducherry: The overall pass percentage in the plus two examination in Puducherry and Karaikal regions has gone up marginally to 84.52 this year against 83.55 per cent last year.
Releasing the details of the results, Chief Minister N Rangasamy told reporters S.Swapna of private St Joseph Girls Higher Secondary school has emerged the first ranker in the Union Territory scoring 1,190 out of 1,200 marks.
He said two government schools in Puducherry would get Rs one lakh cash award for best performance in the exams, results of which were announced today.
The Government Higher Secondary School at Koodapakkam and the Maraimalai Adigal Government HSS at Embalam would each get Rs one lakh for scoring a pass percentage of cent per cent and 94.93 per cent respectively.
The cash award was given every year as part of encouraging excellent institutions situated in villages under a scheme of the department of school education to encourage village based government schools scoring pass percentage of more than 90.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000