Demand for conferring UT status for Karaikal reiterated
Puducherry: The Karaikal Struggle group,
comprising freedom fighters and leaders of public opinion, has
made a fresh demand for conferring separate Union Territory
status on Karaikal, presently an enclave of Union Territory of
The group reiterated its demand that Centre constitute
immediately a States Reorganization Commission to go into the
Convener of the KSG S.P.Selvashanmugham said in a release
here today that the Group held a meeting and adopted
resolutions urging the Centre to depute a high level committee
of officers to make an on-the-spot assessment of the demand of
He said KSG also appealed to the Centre to ban import of
coal by the port at Vanjoor near Karaikal. The coal deposits
were hazardous to people in the neighbourhood.
The KSG would soon take a decision on its poll strategy in
the context of the Assembly polls due in May.
R.Ramasubramanian, president of KSG, presided over the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand