Keep Assembly in suspended animation: AIADMK
Puducherry: The opposition AIADMK on Monday demanded that the Centre intervene immediately and keep the Assembly in suspended animation as the administration has come to a standstill following the recent tussle between government and the Centre on posting of the Finance Secretary.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA told reporters here that an unseemly controversy had erupted a few weeks ago after government`s abortive order to replace Finance Secretary Rajiv Yaduvanshi with Tourism Secretary WVR Moorthy.
He said the Home Ministry had then intervened and declared the GO `null and void` and asked Yaduvanshi to continue as Finance Secretary. Though status quo ante had been restored the administration had now come to a standstill, he said.
Meanwhile Chief Secretary M Sathiavathy was also transferred from here to Mizoram but had not been relieved so far by the government. She had also gone on long leave landing the administration in utter disarray.
He said what was more perplexing was that Lt Governor Iqbal Singh had also been in Jalandhar after treatment in a private hospital in Chennai in December 2012 for back ache.
Anbalagan said there are apprehensions if Rangasamy would be able to present a full fledged budget for fiscal 2013-14.
He also lambasted Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy`s `shifting stand; on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue. He had stated a few days ago that the Centre would back the US-backed resolution against that country in UN, but then stated yesterday that the Centre has to acquaint itself with contents of the resolution before making up its mind on its stand.
Anbalagan also urged Rangasamy to break his silence and come out with firm plea to the Centre to support the US resolution against Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill