Keep Assembly in suspended animation: AIADMK
Puducherry: The opposition AIADMK on Monday demanded that the Centre intervene immediately and keep the Assembly in suspended animation as the administration has come to a standstill following the recent tussle between government and the Centre on posting of the Finance Secretary.
Party`s local unit secretary A Anbalagan MLA told reporters here that an unseemly controversy had erupted a few weeks ago after government`s abortive order to replace Finance Secretary Rajiv Yaduvanshi with Tourism Secretary WVR Moorthy.
He said the Home Ministry had then intervened and declared the GO `null and void` and asked Yaduvanshi to continue as Finance Secretary. Though status quo ante had been restored the administration had now come to a standstill, he said.
Meanwhile Chief Secretary M Sathiavathy was also transferred from here to Mizoram but had not been relieved so far by the government. She had also gone on long leave landing the administration in utter disarray.
He said what was more perplexing was that Lt Governor Iqbal Singh had also been in Jalandhar after treatment in a private hospital in Chennai in December 2012 for back ache.
Anbalagan said there are apprehensions if Rangasamy would be able to present a full fledged budget for fiscal 2013-14.
He also lambasted Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy`s `shifting stand; on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue. He had stated a few days ago that the Centre would back the US-backed resolution against that country in UN, but then stated yesterday that the Centre has to acquaint itself with contents of the resolution before making up its mind on its stand.
Anbalagan also urged Rangasamy to break his silence and come out with firm plea to the Centre to support the US resolution against Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid