Puducherry: Officers may go abroad for training
Puducherry: Puducherry government proposes to
send high-level officers for training abroad to update their
knowledge and capability, Minister of State in the PMO, V
Narayanasamy, said on Monday.
Noting that officers need periodical training to update
their capability, he said there is a plan on the part of the
government to send them for training to USA, UK, Singapore and
the Scandinavian countries to get acquainted with the best
administrative practices in those countries.
Narayansamy, Congress MP from Puducherry, was inaugurating
a two-day regional conference on `Reforms for citizen centric
governance` organised here jointly by the Department of
Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances New Delhi and
Referring to the need for holding conferences and
workshops for officers, he said, the lack of training,
updated knowledge and understanding of people`s problems were
found to be bottlenecks in ensuring good governance.
Launching along with Chief Minister N Rangasamy a web
portal for Puducherry, he said, the UPA government was
committed to eradicating corruption at all levels so that
people had `transparent, effective and efficient
The portal helps people file their grievances online to
the administration, which in turn will act within a fixed
timeframe, officials said.
Narayanasamy also said the government was firm to ensure
that the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bills were passed in Parliament
as part of its initiative to ensure that people`s grievances
were addressed fast and without lapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi