Veteran Akali leader dies in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Veteran Akali leader and former Samana MLA Gurdev Singh Grewal died Monday at Patiala after prolonged illness, his family members said here.
Grewal passed away at the age of 90. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal have condoled the death of Grewal.
Sharing his heartfelt sympathies with members of the bereaved family, the Chief Minister described Grewal as a "disciplined and committed soldier" of the party.
Badal said his contribution in the development of the region and welfare of people would be ever remembered by one and all.
Grewal was elected MLA from Samana assembly constituency in 1977.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!