Veteran Akali leader dies in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Veteran Akali leader and former Samana MLA Gurdev Singh Grewal died Monday at Patiala after prolonged illness, his family members said here.
Grewal passed away at the age of 90. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal have condoled the death of Grewal.
Sharing his heartfelt sympathies with members of the bereaved family, the Chief Minister described Grewal as a "disciplined and committed soldier" of the party.
Badal said his contribution in the development of the region and welfare of people would be ever remembered by one and all.
Grewal was elected MLA from Samana assembly constituency in 1977.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah