Veteran Akali leader dies in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Veteran Akali leader and former Samana MLA Gurdev Singh Grewal died Monday at Patiala after prolonged illness, his family members said here.
Grewal passed away at the age of 90. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal have condoled the death of Grewal.
Sharing his heartfelt sympathies with members of the bereaved family, the Chief Minister described Grewal as a "disciplined and committed soldier" of the party.
Badal said his contribution in the development of the region and welfare of people would be ever remembered by one and all.
Grewal was elected MLA from Samana assembly constituency in 1977.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal
- SHOCKING: Amateur Delhi cricketer dies after being attacked by local gang
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Kashmir unrest: CM Mehbooba meets kin of victims, seeks public help to end violence