1,000 tonne gold treasure buried in UP? ASI to begin excavation today
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: The Archaeological Survey of India is set to begin excavation for a 1,000 tonne gold treasure after a sadhu dreamt about it.
Shobhan Sarkar reportedly dreamt that 1,000 tonnes of gold is buried in the remains of the fort of Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Daundiya Kheda village of Unnao district in Uttar Pradesh. He then apprised a Union minister of it and convinced him that the finding could help alleviate some of the country’s financial troubles.
In the dream, Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh told the sadhu, who has substantial number of followers in the area, to take care of the gold buried in the remains of his fort.
Notably, Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh was martyred during the fight with British in 1857.
Sarkar`s dream was not taken seriously by the local administration and the state government. However, Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das Mahant paid heed to it and visited the area on September 22 and October 07, and met Sarkar. The minister then directed the ASI to work on it, which will begin from October 18
A newspaper quoted Mahant as saying that he heard about the treasure from a priest who visits him regularly. “He told me that Shobhan Sarkar wanted to meet me. When I met him, he told me about the reserves. He said the quantity was so huge that if the government can excavate it, it could be handy since there was a crisis with the rupee,” Mahant said.
“I was surprised. I then wrote to the Prime Minister, finance minister, home minister and mines minister and related departments such as the ASI and Geological Survey of India about the reserves. I informed Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi too about it,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?