170 kgs of adulterated paneer seized in Kanpur
Kanpur: Around 170 kilograms of adulterated paneer was seized from two different shops during a raid here, officials said today.
"A team of Food and Drug Administration recovered 150 kgs and 20 kgs of adulterated paneer from separate shops in a raid conducted near mall road here yesterday", City Magistrate Avinash Singh said.
"We have been receiving complaints regarding the sale of adulterated paneer in marriages these days", he said, adding that the drive to keep a check on adulterated food during the marriage season will continue.
Samples of paneer taken from the shops will be sent to the lab for test and legal action will be taken against the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA