170 kgs of adulterated paneer seized in Kanpur
Kanpur: Around 170 kilograms of adulterated paneer was seized from two different shops during a raid here, officials said today.
"A team of Food and Drug Administration recovered 150 kgs and 20 kgs of adulterated paneer from separate shops in a raid conducted near mall road here yesterday", City Magistrate Avinash Singh said.
"We have been receiving complaints regarding the sale of adulterated paneer in marriages these days", he said, adding that the drive to keep a check on adulterated food during the marriage season will continue.
Samples of paneer taken from the shops will be sent to the lab for test and legal action will be taken against the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city