500 detonators, 15 kg of explosives seized in Mirzapur
Lucknow: In a huge explosives haul, about
500 detonators and 15 kg of ammonium nitrate were seized and
three persons arrested in this connection in Mirzapur district
of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team intercepted three
persons travelling by a motorcycle in Devar area yesterday,
police officials said here.
About 500 detonators, 15 kg of ammonium nitrate and 26
bundles of fuse wire were seized from the trio, they said.
Ammonium nitrate is commonly used as a fertiliser, but
can also be used as an oxidising agent in explosives,
including improvised explosive devices.
A case has been registered and further investigations are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez