500 detonators, 15 kg of explosives seized in Mirzapur
Lucknow: In a huge explosives haul, about
500 detonators and 15 kg of ammonium nitrate were seized and
three persons arrested in this connection in Mirzapur district
of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team intercepted three
persons travelling by a motorcycle in Devar area yesterday,
police officials said here.
About 500 detonators, 15 kg of ammonium nitrate and 26
bundles of fuse wire were seized from the trio, they said.
Ammonium nitrate is commonly used as a fertiliser, but
can also be used as an oxidising agent in explosives,
including improvised explosive devices.
A case has been registered and further investigations are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'