632 incidents of sexual assault in UP last yr
Lucknow: A total of 632 incidents of child sexual exploitation and rape were reported in Uttar Pradesh from April 2012 till January 31 this year.
This was revealed in reply to a question raised in the Assembly today.
Parliamentary Affairs minister Mohammad Azam Khan said timely disposal of such cases could be one of the measures taken to deter those involved in such heinous activities.
He said a number of steps like starting women`s helpline, setting up women police stations besides constitution of human trafficking units in 24 districts have been taken to check such incidents in the state.
The government was serious and sensitive on the issue and would take steps to ensure that such incidents did not occur.
On a suggestion of creating data bank of criminals, Khan said if such a practice was prevalent in any other state, UP would also consider it.
Khan said his government was mulling which type of officers should be posted at sensitive places and how administrative officers should act.
"The type of incidents, which took place in recent past are unfortunate and no government want such incidents to occur," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what