632 incidents of sexual assault in UP last yr
Lucknow: A total of 632 incidents of child sexual exploitation and rape were reported in Uttar Pradesh from April 2012 till January 31 this year.
This was revealed in reply to a question raised in the Assembly today.
Parliamentary Affairs minister Mohammad Azam Khan said timely disposal of such cases could be one of the measures taken to deter those involved in such heinous activities.
He said a number of steps like starting women`s helpline, setting up women police stations besides constitution of human trafficking units in 24 districts have been taken to check such incidents in the state.
The government was serious and sensitive on the issue and would take steps to ensure that such incidents did not occur.
On a suggestion of creating data bank of criminals, Khan said if such a practice was prevalent in any other state, UP would also consider it.
Khan said his government was mulling which type of officers should be posted at sensitive places and how administrative officers should act.
"The type of incidents, which took place in recent past are unfortunate and no government want such incidents to occur," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed