9 killed, 1,141 missing from UP in U`khand floods: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Nine persons were killed and 1,141 others went missing from Uttar Pradesh in Uttarakhand`s catastrophic floods in June, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday informed the Assembly.
"A total of nine persons of the state were killed and 1,141 went missing in landslides and other natural disaster in Uttarakhand," Yadav said in a written reply to a question raised by BJP member Satish Mahana.
Yadav said that five relief camps were set up in Uttarakhand to provide assistance to the victims from the state.
He said Rs 2 lakh financial assitance would be given to the kin of those died or went missing.
The amount would be distributed after death certificates are issued by the Uttarakhand government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000