Aarushi case: Court adjourns hearing as Talwars move SC
Ghaziabad: The Special CBI Court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj case adjourned till tomorrow the recording of statements of Talwar couple after they approached the Supreme Court on Tuesday pleading that 14 witnesses be called to record statements in the trial court in the twin murder case.
The couple moved the apex court challenging the CBI court`s order rejecting their plea that 14 other witnesses, including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar, also be called to record statements.
The trial court had yesterday rejected the defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused.
Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had told the court that 14-year-old Aarushi`s murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur and no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the court, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person`s entry in the house.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008.
The initial suspicion went on Hemraj whose body was later found in the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam