About 300 persons died in Uttar Pradesh floods last year: Shivpal Yadav
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday said that 295 persons were killed in the state due to floods last year.
In a written reply to a question raised by Congress member Mukesh Srivastava in Assembly, Revenue Minister Shivpal Yadav said that in the year 2013, 295 persons were killed in the floods in the state.
He said that as per the norms for natural calamity, Rs 1.5 lakh was being given to the family of deceased and a total of Rs 2.73 crore were given to the victims` families.
In order to deal with flood-like situation, the state government has constituted a disaster management group under the chief secretary, Yadav said.
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar
- SC rejects TRAI's plea on IUC case from Gujarat High Court to Delhi HC
- Chairman Hamid Ansari asks TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Roy to leave Rajya Sabha – Know why
- Maruti Suzuki sales jump 13% in April at 1,26,569 units