About 300 persons died in Uttar Pradesh floods last year: Shivpal Yadav
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday said that 295 persons were killed in the state due to floods last year.
In a written reply to a question raised by Congress member Mukesh Srivastava in Assembly, Revenue Minister Shivpal Yadav said that in the year 2013, 295 persons were killed in the floods in the state.
He said that as per the norms for natural calamity, Rs 1.5 lakh was being given to the family of deceased and a total of Rs 2.73 crore were given to the victims` families.
In order to deal with flood-like situation, the state government has constituted a disaster management group under the chief secretary, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest